About the Control
This paddle-fan controller is the latest in “smart” home technologies by GE. It features Alexa and works with SmartWink compatibility, allowing homeowners to control the fans and light switches with the touch of a button… or a spoken word command.
The controller pad includes the white light and light almond paddles. Some features include:
– Compatibility with Alexa voice-command system, via the Alexa Hub
– Allows homeowners to wirelessly control lights and fan speeds
– Setup times/schedules for the fans/lights to turn on and off
– Features the fastest processor allowing users to control it with the latest smart devices.
The system is compatible with the Alexa voice-controlled system and requires an Echo Hub to control the voice commands. Homeowners must have a Z-Wave certified gateway to operate the system in their home. It must be hardwired.
The GE Z-Wave Light fan control can be set up in both indoor and outdoor settings. It has an outdoor switch option, and it has increased wireless range, allowing homeowners to control the hub from further distances away from the fans. Whether it is turning the system on or off, or setting up a schedule for the smart system, it is compatible with the latest smartphones, tablets, and wireless devices. It also requires in-wall installation, so the wires aren’t exposed in the home.
There are several pros and cons the Amazon GE Z-Wave Light/Fan Control system features. Some of the pros include:
– Wireless compatibility from anywhere in or outside the home
– Alexa voice-command so you can use audible controls to modify settings
– Compatible with the latest technologies and increased wireless range
Some cons which should be noted include:
– The Z-Wave certified gateway system is required
– It isn’t compatible with all Echo systems
Although there are a few drawbacks, the system is a great option for homeowners who want to streamline systems onto one device.
The system is rated 4 out of 5-stars on Amazon. For an affordable price, you can streamline your home’s lighting and fan systems. The system is compact, easy to use, and compatible with the latest technologies. If you’re looking for something simple, efficient, and affordable, the GE Z-Wave light system is a great option to consider.